Tarheel Basketball

Unless you enjoy hiding under large rocks for days at a time, you’re aware that the NCAA men’s basketball tournament began last week. Last Friday night my good friend and I were able to score some tickets to UNC’s first round game against Mount Saint Mary’s in Raleigh so I just wanted to gloat a bit about that. It probably doesn’t mean jack to anyone else but that’s okay. We had a great time watching the Tarheels put on a clinic and make the opposing team look foolish. There were times when I almost felt bad about how lop-sided the game was (final score was UNC-113, Mt. St. Mary’s-74) but it didn’t take me long to get over that. We were able to stay and watch the Arkansas v. Indiana game as well which was important because the winner of that game (Arkansas) went on to play UNC two nights later (another lop-sided game). The seats were pretty high up but I didn’t really feel like taking out a second mortgage to sit closer. The tickets were $80 a piece, the soft drinks were $4, and the parking was $10. Kind of pricey, but worth it. FYI, the no. 1 seed Tarheels are now in the Sweet 16 and have their next game on Thursday night against the Washington State Cougars.

0 comments: