Turning to the "dark side"

We've finally begun to settle into our new home in northeast Raleigh and are essentially done unpacking and restructuring our lives. It's nice to not have to come home and unpack a box or two. There are, however, still plenty of smaller tasks looming on my to-do list such as installing three ceiling fans, finish some home network wiring, fixing the latch on the gate, hang photos, set up my office/band rehearsal space, etc.

As a distraction from the clutter and moving craziness ,I made a very important
and far-reaching decision this past week. I have been a Nintendo fan for years (since I was about 7 or 8). They've been a successful company even long before they began making video game systems. We purchased each Nintendo system as they came out and I've stayed a loyal fan all this time. That has not and will not change........but last week I broke down and bought a PlayStation 3. I feel somewhat like a traitor (mainly because that's what Elizabeth told me I've become) and that I've turned to the dark side but I don't regret my decision (other than spending that much money on a video game system). I finally set it up and played a bit on Saturday evening and I really like the graphical step-up from the Wii but even after the high-definition goodness,I still think there's nothing that will ever top a first-party Nintendo frachise like Zelda, Metroid, Mario. I promise, the main reason for buying the PS3 was due to the Blu-Ray capabilities.

To all the Nintendo fan-boys and die-hards, I apologize for buying a PS3, but I still consider myself one of you. I feel no need to repent of my recent video gaming decisions. Perhaps one day you (along with my wife) will forgive me.


Blake

4 comments:

  1. Potter,
    We had to choice between a PS3, Xbox 360 or a Wii. Guess which one I chose.....the Wii. Anyhow, I need some help. I need to know if you were with me in Varginha on a split. I will throw a couple words out and tell me if it sounds familiar...puppies, fat man, tightie whities. Get back to me if anything rings a bell. I tried it with Cook and he was not with me.

     
  2. Sorry buddy. I wish I could take credit for being the witness to the experience you described in your blog, but it wasn't me. It does sound creepily like an extremely scary dream I had once. You sure you were awake for this traumatic event?

     
  3. Dream nothing. It happen I know it. Maybe your right, after being with Catanhede it all just went down hill for me.

     
  4. I can definitely understand that to some degree. One of my first experiences in the mission field was going on a split with him in Pampulha. Life changing, I tell you. Hey, I've been trying to figure out a way to contact you directly instead of going between blogs. I don't have your phone number, email address, nada. Any ideas?