My Stubborn Little Boy
I love Zeke but he can be hard to handle at times. Being an only child (at the moment) he doesn't get himself into too much trouble at home. But when we are playing with other children I have to remind him to play nicely. We were at a friends house the other week and Zeke was playing in a sandbox with his cousin and he decided it would be a good idea to use his shovel to throw sand at her. I explained to him that he couldn't do that and if he did it again he would have to come inside and couldn't play in the sand anymore. I wasn't surprised at all when he decided to ignore me and throw sand at his cousin anyway. I took him by the hand and told him that since he didn't listen too me he had to come inside. He of course was very upset and threw a fit. I talked to him for a minute about the situation and told him that if he wanted to go back outside he had to say he was sorry. Well Zeke doesn't say sorry ever (I think Blake got him to say sorry one time) so we sat inside and every few minutes I would ask if he was ready to say sorry and of course he never was. So I gave him a little space and while I wasn't paying attention my brother let him back outside. I decided not to make a big deal about it and went outside to watch him and as soon as I got outside and sat down Zeke said, "Sorry, mommy I sorry, sorry mommy." I was very excited to say the least, I had thought I lost that battle but it turns out he does listen to me. He is a very active boy and he is slowly starting to get quite the attitude. Blake thinks we need to start using time out which I think I agree with but it makes me sad to think about.
Posted in: on Thursday, June 26, 2008 at at 7:44 AM


