Third time's a charm/ Stake Conference
So this is my third post of the day. I wanted to do my best to keep up with our blog and to add content rather then just be a leech, but I'm pretty much blogged out for today. Looking back, I probably should have just combined them into one monumental post but I like things to be more organized and accessible. I would be remiss if I didn't mention our Stake Conference today. Our Stake Presidency was reorganized and Elder David Bednar of the quorum of the twelve apostles attended the meeting. His comments were extremely appropriate and applicable to where I find myself these days. Being that our recent Stake President has suffered with health problems for many years now, a large portion of what Elder Bednar spoke on was how to endure trials while still performing your responsibilities. The one quote he mentioned a few times during his talk was from Neal A. Maxwell who said "I've learned it's more important not to shrink than to survive." It was great hearing him speak and I'll do my best to put into practice the things I was taught. I was actually one of the few people that was able to even speak to him, as he came in just before the meeting began and left before anyone was able to leave their seats. I was asked to perform a musical number with the Stake choir so when it came time to perform, I had to bend down and grab a dynamic mic that had been mistakenly placed underneath his chair so that the congregation could hear me play over the choir. As I did so, I was trying to be polite and asked his permission to use the mic. He replied in the affirmative but said I could use it only if I didn't ask him to sing. I told him that was fine this time, but I wasn't making any promises for the future. It was a simple and short conversation, but it taught me that even though he's one of the most important people on the earth right now, he's still just a normal guy with a sense of humor who is aware of his weaknesses. He's definitely an impressive person and I'm glad I had that small opportunity to have him as an audience. Much more importantly, I'm glad I didn't make any mistakes while playing!
Posted in: on Sunday, June 15, 2008 at at 7:06 PM


